Sunday, June 23, 2013

My senior BFA Thesis was a total success! Thank you everyone who came and supported me, it's one of the hardest, most fun things I've gotten to do. Months and months of planning and working, along with 3 studio classes, payed off. I graduated with a BFA with an emphasis in Graphic Design and was hired by Vaughn Design (Check out the new site!!!!) as a graphic designer. It could not have been more perfect/amazing, I'm doing what I actually went to school for and absolutely love. 








In my three last classes I took Intermediate Sculpture, Intaglio Printmaking, and Ceramics. I got to weld and pour metal in my sculpture class - frightening but I've never done anything cooler. So much fire and molten iron/bronze/aluminum. Just to show a little glimpse of what I did.


Ready for the iron pour!
Can't say that I enjoyed Intaglio more than Relief but it still was fun. Most I carved into metal or plexiglass, rubbed ink into the carved grooves, wiped off the excess ink, and ran it through the press. 


Ceramics was such a challenge for me!!! These were a few of my beginning works.


Overall, I had a great finish to my senior year. 

Through Vaughn Design, I got to collaborate and create the new Ole Miss Fishing Team's logo! They were so excited and loved it! Just a little sneak at the things I get to work on at my new job.  
Seriously, yall need to check out the website incase you haven't yet Vaughn Design!

I'm currently designing my own new website where I will be able to sell my work!
Keep an eye out, I'm sure I'll have it all over my facebook soon!




Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © Britton Yerger - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -