Friday, November 23, 2012

Over Thanksgiving, I've had every grandparent as me about my art and why haven't I updated my blog. So here's what you've missed and why! =]


At the beginning of this summer I entered an art competition for Community Trust Bank and found out the results in August. You can view the results here: Contest
The 1st place prize was $3,000
The artwork will be exhibited and shown in their calendar.
Sorry I didn't post this information immediately, they're still wanting to have a big reveal when I accept my prize.



I had my Forum review on November 6th in front of all the tenured faculty. This is a review of my most recent work where I stood up and explained and deafened my portfolio. The presentation was about 45 minutes and it's a pass or fail. My graduation in May depended on my passing this review. I have been holding off on updating any more art for my blog with the anticipation of receiving my pass or fail letter.
With all that being said, I have received my letter today and I passed!
I get to have my Thesis presentation next semester and graduate on time! I can not be more excited!!
So here are a few of the pieces I've been working on this semester.


My first Sculpture project and I'm just now finishing my last!


My midterm for Figure Drawing II - massive. All done in one night and outside of class. Yes, he was wearing gym shorts. 


My self portrait from Print Making was my first block print.


This is better than any "A" I've ever gotten.
My 3rd cousin, Auden, enjoying Paws for Magic.



Through my internship with Vaughn Design, I got to design the new vinyl stickers for the windows at Miss Behavin in Oxford. The most fun and stressful project I've done yet! I've learned so much from this internship and have so much to show from it. I can't believe I only have two weeks left.

I can't believe I have two weeks and one semester left of college!
Tomorrow will be my last home football game as a student and Phi Mu.


Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © Britton Yerger - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -