Friday, August 31, 2012

Light in August
Oils on Canvas
18''x24''
I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but I had this piece selected by Maude Schuyler Clay for the Student Summer Art Exhibition back in May. "Light in August" has been hanging in Gallery 130 in Meek all summer long with about 30 amazing works of art. Yesterday we had the reception and found out that awards will be given. Jackson, my Intermediate Painting teacher, was handing out the certificates and told us that Clay had extensively culled through all the art submitted and all the pieces hanging were award worthy. I totally agreed with her decisions; there was amazing art in the gallery and I felt even more honored that my little painting of my grandmother's house was there. Jackson awarded third place; it was a beautiful bird print (I would say more about it, but I don't know much about printmaking yet). Then he told us second place and out of over 30 different pieces of art, that award was for "Light in August" by Britton Yerger. All I could say was "Woah."
And my painting teacher, who begs me to switch from graphic design to painting, was just beaming! I placed with a painting. One of my first paintings also. So I walk up and shake his hand, smile for the camera, and look at him - CHEESING out! So I'll have two pictures: one cute and one of me laughing at him. One of my favorite things about painting was being in Jackson's class. 


Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © Britton Yerger - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -