Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Self Portrait
Oils on Canvas
24x36''
My next project is going to be so much better!!! I'm doing a series of paintings that deal with distortion and reflection. My cousin and I took his camera and some back roads and captured some great images. I'll be working with those photos and I'm so excited about these, they'll be my final project. And then no more painting classes until right before I graduate =[
And to add to that, I can't believe I have 3 weeks left of my junior year. Can not believe. I feel like I just got here! This time next year I'll be looking at job or masters options. Unreal, I don't feel that old.
But I'm so thankful. There are so many things I'm unsure of in life but I have no doubts when it comes to art. It has given me goals, drive, options, and I love it.


I'm really enjoying letterpress too. It's almost a relaxing, meditative process (when you're not doing it till 3 in the morning). Thankfully these were no where that painful. The quote is one of my favorites by Henry David Thoreau "Live the life you have imagined." They are greeting cards and I may also use them as invitations to view my work. Oh! And my work will be hung in the University of Mississippi's Student Union tomorrow!!!!! Supposedly everyone who was printing them loved them and wanted a print! Already awesome reviews, woohoo!


Addition ***
I got to take a break from painting for a grade! How nice, freedom! -- Well as much freedom as acrylic paint gives -- I surprised the teacher, who had us all painting flowers, when she walked around and saw mine... But she offered me a summer job so she must not have been too insulted!

Nope, I'm not going to comment on my self portrait. I want your mind to wander, why would I feed you the answers? Oh and anyone can leave a comment btw lol! I have so many people tell me they checked out my blog -- so tell me on here! =D

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © Britton Yerger - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -