Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Letterpress Business Cards
Polymer plate, hand set and pressed

What is letterpress??
Google Definition: Printing from a hard, raised image under pressure, using viscous ink.
I had a polymer plate made instead of using lead type. Blocked in the plate and individually inked and pressed each card - twice for the second wing.
I got the full experience in letterpress last night -- from 7pm to 3am. My card is two colors and to line up that second wing of my butterfly is killer. Walking into class this morning was great though, everyone was leaned over looking at my drying cards. I didn't realize I was somewhat over achieving at something extremely difficult. 


My next portrait is so difficult and I am seriously struggling haha! I don't know that I have ever learned more in a class. There is a lot of work to be done so don't judge too much! 

NASAD is coming next week! The art department is going to be hopping. I've also gotten more works selected for the review! Nine projects of mine will be exhibited next week -- so cool!!
High Heal - 3D Art (don't know why I don't have a picture of it on here)
Dragon Book - Book Arts
Stationary System - Graphic Design I
Paws For Magic (book) - Graphic Design I
Final Project - Beginning Painting
Ole Miss Planner - Graphic Design II
Self Promotional Piece - Graphic Design II
Letterpress Business Cards - Letterpress

*** Edit***
Jackson, my current painting teacher, chose my portrait of Amber for the NASAD review! So so cool!!!
It's crazy walking around the gallery and seeing my name under paintings, sculpture, book arts, and graphics. Unbelievable and so encouraging!
** Also, now this painting is hanging as well! 3 paintings and I'm not a painter lol!

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © Britton Yerger - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -