Wednesday, February 1, 2012

 Martha Graham "There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening, that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one you in all time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and will be lost."
Skull
Media: Charcoal
2012
Skull Study
Media: Charcoal
(my first one)
Skull (WIP)
Media: Oil Paints
2012
My intermediate painting class is awesome. I don't know where I'm actually going to hang this skull painting... but it'll be great for halloween! That painting is a work in progress (WIP) but the coolest thing about this painting is that I got to build the frame, stretch the canvas, cover it in gesso, and then paint on it. Very, very cool.
I'm loving letterpress too!!! The type (letters) have to be placed upside-down and backwards, the exact way I think lol! I have yet to spell anything wrong but I'm not crossing my fingers.
A few follow up notes:
Pike also informed me that they will be using my t-shirt design for their posters too! So my design will be on people's backs and hanging all over campus!!
Terry Lee will also be printing my labels sometime next week and I'll be sipping on his wine! - pictures soon!
My dragon book was chosen to be submitted to the NASAD review so I'll have 3 works in the show, pretty freaking sweet.

Yall know anyone can comment on my posts! =] 
I'd love to hear feedback!

{ 1 comments... read them below or add one }

  1. Britton,
    I've just spent a very long time studying your whole portfolio and blog page. As your Grandmother you know how proud I am of you as a person and an artist. I can never tell you that enough. But, as an "old" art teacher, I am truly overwhelmed watching your development in all phases of the visual arts, maturity of techniques and love of your subject. All of this is evident as I studied the progression of your work.
    What a joy and pleasure to see, hear and be a part of this fantastic stage of your life. How few college students have the satisfaction of knowing they are in the correct major, much less delight in going to their classes. You really do!
    With the fine mentors in the Art Department you have had and are having, you have been challenged, you have accomplished, and you have set goals. You reach inside yourself for more, because that final, visual expression presented to others matters greatly to you. No parent or teacher can give you this characteristic. You have that quality along with creativity, teachability and lots of talent.
    Just keep on flying high on those beautiful butterfly wings. Again, know that I love you very much and am enjoying the ride also,
    - Aiyah

    ReplyDelete

- Copyright © Britton Yerger - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -